Friday, August 13, 2010

Review of Day 1

So yesterday didn't quite go as planned. Due to the horrendous storms in the area and the occasionally flickering electricity needless to say I did not get in my work out DVDs. On a brighter note my lunch hours (provided no rain and no pestering clients) are now going to be spent walking around the area. With the high heat and humidity I'm hoping that more calories will be burned slightly. Growing up doing Summer League swimming, and training during high school and college in sweltering pool areas, it really doesn't effect me much to power walk out side right now- providing a) I have water and b) its not above 100. To compensate I was more focused on portion control yesterday and I think I did well making sure that I didn't over eat as I'm prone to do. I weighed myself in this morning and have lost 1 lb. That could be just water weight I know, however I am encouraged by the downward trend just by skipping the going out for lunch deal and eating a tuna lunch to go pack after the walk. 1 lb down, 9 to go til the end of the month.

My goal is to loose 5-10 lbs a month, about 1.5 lbs a week solid. I will have some very large food temptations along the way with restaurant week next week here in DC (my fiance and I have reservations at two of the area restaurants) and the cruise to the Bahamas in 29 days. At least with the cruise I will be active- days filled with walking along beaches, snorkeling, swimming, and just being active out in the sun. But the mini goals in weight loss I believe will help me along the way. Once I reach one I will go on towards another.

Hopefully tonight there will not be any storms- or none that will happen during the time I want to work out. Here goes yet another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment